Parent Partnership

Posted on November 15, 2018

Parent Partnership Meeting Nov 2018

Kessler PP Meeting

6pm held at Muni’s -BR Golf Course

November 8, 2018

 

In Attendance: Liz Ulrich, Lisa Lowney, Katie Gilbert, Kelly Koon, Anne McCoy, Amber Chenoweth, Ashly Bryson, Shanna Kimball, Holly McGraw, Abigail McLane

 

Budget: Liz reported that the total raised from the fall fundraiser was $8,606.27. There were four business donations, still looking for more.  There is currently $14,400 in the checking account. 

 

Requests:  

1.  Shanna Kimball came to the meeting requesting ScootPad for both 3rd grade classrooms, which is supplemental to Successmaker and the program can be individualized to each student. Cost in $199/classroom.  This request was brought to the group during the spring of 2018 and denied as there were a lot of technology requests and the cost was great.  Mrs. Kimball has currently purchased ScootPad out of her own pocket as she feels very strongly that it’s a great program for her third graders.  A motion was made to purchase this program for both third grade classrooms.  Mrs. Kimball will be reimbursed $199.00.  

2.  Amanda Rambo is asking PP to purchase more snow bricks/cylinders for playground use during the winter. She’d like to get them ordered before we get more snow, therefore the PP group approved $150.00 for Mrs. Rambo to purchase snow bricks/cylinders. Mrs. Lowney will share this information with Mrs. Rambo. 

 

Upcoming Events:

1. PT Conferences: A sign up genius has been established and filled for luncheons on Tuesday November 13 and Thursday November 15. Please contact Katie Gilbert if you have any additional questions at 438 7970

 

2. Clay Days: November 16 & 30; Starting just after 10am on both of these days, students will be creating ornaments out of clay for their family. Mary Werner is firing the pieces.  There have been several parents volunteer to stop in and help on this day. If you are still interested, please contact Katie Gilbert at 438 7970

 

3. Holiday Fundraising: Friday November 16 is Cat/Griz Day – fill the jar with $ for your team; Monday November 19th is Hat day for $1; Tuesday November 20 is PJ day; All money raised will assist Kessler families with meals/gift purchases this holiday. 

 

4. Science Fair Projects: Mark your calendars!  Science fair projects will be due on January 30th. 

 

5. Kids College: Will be held all four Wednesday’s in February. If you have a hobby/talent/activity that you can share/teach or know someone who does, please contact Katie Clement. 

 

Directory: Amber Chenoweth is currently working on the directory. Information slips went home with students last week.  

 

Outstanding Items: 

1.There is still talk of trying to get a Spanish class/teacher to teach Kessler students.  One idea is to try to find someone to teach this during Kids College. If you know someone, please let Katie Clement know. Holly McGraw might have a contact name for this and will look into for us. 

2.Current lunch clubs at Kessler are Pokémon club & Art club

3. Kelly Koon revisited the topic of the Missoula Children’s theater. After speaking with parent of 4G’s parents, there were several things that popped up as far as requirements; therefore if we ever pursued we’d need to read the contract language closely.  MSC was a topic last spring, but due to many things happening at Kessler it wasn’t the right time along side the cost.  

4. Nature Space: we had a follow up conversation regarding the Nature Space on the Kessler playground; one idea is to assign each grade level one week during the spring to pick up trash and pull weeds. One idea for the summer is to create a signup genius and let families pick a week/s that they’d like to tend to this space as a family volunteer project. This was voted as a very good idea. Amber Chenoweth was to speak to her father as he’s a retired botanist and could help identify plants/trees/flowers/weeds.  Mrs. Lowney will contact the current caretaker and find out the specific needs of the space for adequate upkeep. 

 

Next meeting will be Thursday January 10th; location to be determined (Muni’s was great location as we had a quiet room & food was for purchase).  We hope to see you there!

 

Posted on October 24, 2018

Parent Partnership Meeting October 2018

Kessler PP Meeting

October 11th, 2018

 

In attendance: Annie McCutcheon, Katie Gilbert, Aimee Shanight, Abigail McLane, Hanna Marron, Amber Chenowith, Liz Ulrich, Mandy Needham, Holly McGraw, Kelly Koon, Mary Ellen Fischer

 

Fundraiser Update:  Currently raised $7,781.27 ($10 more than last year)

  • Discussion on success of fundraiser compared to previous years and initial discussion on adding an additional fundraiser this spring.
  • Group agrees it would be helpful to have a something in mind that we are fundraising for
  • Liz put together a business letter that is being sent out. Corporations have until the end of October to make their donation.
  • Group agrees a vinyl sign thanking corporate sponsors would be nice. Sign will be printed end of November or early December.

REQUESTS:

Mary Ellen Fischer (Title One Teacher):  Brought a request for a Kessler School Bowling night.

After further discussion the group decided to use our Movie License to show the BFG – a book the title one teachers are using with all of Kessler.  This ties together a family night, our license (that we funded) and the book.  PP may provide pizza.  March 7th Family Night

Motion approved for $250 on pizza that night

 

SNACK PROGRAM UPDATE:

Aimee is meeting with Vans manager to make an updated list for snacks and discuss possible discount

 

SUPERINTENDENT UPDATE:  Liz Ulrich

  • Tyler Reames done with first 100 days
  • District student count is highest in 10 years. 8,266 kids
  • There is only 1 counselor per 400 students
  • Discussed how do you measure success…

PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES:  Nov 13 and 15

  • Katie Gilbert is organizing lunches in the teachers lounge for those days.
  • Soup and Tailgate Themes
  • Terah will create a sign up genius

 

CARNIVAL:  Friday, March 15

  • Games: Katie, Kelly, Abby
  • Baskets: Annie, Mandy, (Ashley Toner Erwin?)
  • Food: Liz, Holly, Aimee

HOLIDAY FUNDRAISING

  • Turkey jug will be used for donations
  • November 12-16: Monday – PJs, Wednesday- Hats, Friday- Cat/Griz
  • Lolita will help identify families in need

OTHER:

  • Katie contacting Mary Werner to set Clay Day dates
  • Trunk or Treat is October 30th
  • Holiday Program is scheduled for December 14th
  • Suggestion was made for regular updates from Mrs. Lowney
    • Aimee will reach out to her

 

 

Posted on September 12, 2018

Meeting Minutes 9/6/18

Kessler PP meeting
September 7, 2018
Downstairs of the Brewhouse 6pm

IN ATTENDANCE: Aimee Shanight, Annie McCutcheon, Liz Ulrich, Mandy
Needham, Katie Gilbert, Lisa Lowney, Lana Curry, Lolita Carter, Abbey
McLane, Ashley Toner Erwin, Mr. Pickens, Heather Irving, Mrs. Lund,
Katie Clement, Terah McClain, Kevin Molm

Beginning of the year updates from Mrs. Lowney:
*Front of the school had some updates over the summer to improve
overall appearance.
*Carnival Classic Sunday September 9th; volunteers needed, please us
sign up genius
*Open House was a success; PP made $167.10 (there are still some
outstanding receipts)
*272 currently enrolled at Kessler
*Looking into a new scoreboard for the gym; has reached out to Mr.
McMahon about purchase/donation.
*Need helpers for picture day on September 19th. Annie McCutcheon and
Katie Gilbert can help in the morning.  If you are able to help in the
afternoon contact Lolita.
*Playground equiptment is ok at this time.
*Dome has been installed.
*Resource officers will be making more of a presence at the school,
once a week, probably during lunch/recess.

SAFETY:
Reminders to everyone about drop off and pick up safety. Be sure
students are getting in/out of vehicles on the sidewalk side of
Granite, not into the street. Lisa & Lolita looking into additional
signage for traffic.

BUDGET:
Balance:  $6,331.00
Still some outstanding bills, including:
A few receipts from open house expenses (water and otterpops)
Movie license $420.00
Sum dog for 4th grade $247.50
Spelling City for 3rd, 4th and 5th $442.30
Snack Program $2,500.00 (paid to Vans monthly)

Kiss a Pig, last day of school, raised $118, thank you Mrs. Lowney!
(hasn’t been added to our total)

FALL FUNDRAISER:
Aimee, Liz, Katie, Kyla, Annie and Terah are working on the changes
and additions to fall fundraiser letter.  It will go out in the middle
of September with a return date of the early part of October.
Snack program will be mentioned, water filters for the new water
stations and additional playgrounds needs.  Discussion on adding
benches/pavillion at some point. Discussion in progress.

Mandy is asking SOFI about matching donation. Liz is looking into
Corporate donations

CLASSROOM REPS:
Annie is looking into missing reps
(K) Mrs.V:  Mandy
(K) Mrs.
(1) Mrs. McGraw:  Abby McLane
(1) Mrs. Gates:  Ashley Erwin
(2) Mrs. Jones:  Annie McCutcheon
(2) Mrs. Hankins:  Mandy Needham
(3) Mrs. Kimball:  Terah McClain
(3) Mrs. Wester:  Liz Ulrich
(4) Mr. Pickens: Aimee Shanight
(4) Mrs. Ford:  Heather Irving
(5) Mrs. Suchi:  Annie McCutcheon
(5) Mrs. Lund:

OTHER:
Annie is working on a mission statement for Parent Partnership webpage.
Heather Irving has offered to facilitate a Jog-a-thon this spring; we
will look forward to hearing more about this and how it might work for
a spring fundraiser.

NEXT MEETING:
October 11th 6:00

Posted on March 23, 2018

Parent Partnership Meeting 3/22/2018

Kessler Parent Partnership Meeting
March 22, 2018
6pm at The Staggering Ox
Minutes from the February meeting were approved.

IN ATTENDANCE: Aimee Shanight, Liz Ulrich, Terah McLain, Mandy
Needham, Hanna Marron, Anne McCoy, Kelly Koon, Katie Gilbert

UPDATES:
Aimee reported that Kalli Kind has approved the purchase of ‘the dome’
for playground. The price for the dome is $1,500.00 with a shipping
cost of about $500. PP is in hopes of purchasing the dome right after
spring break (early April) as it will take at least 5 weeks to arrive.
It’s location will be where the current tire swings are (non-exsistent
tire swings).
With Kalli’s help and Pat Marron, they will be able to coordinate
staff to install the dome.

SAFETY:
*Safety on Granite and Silverette still remains an issue at pick up
time. Many parents picking students up are parking in areas where
signage indicates otherwise, right next to fire hydrants, and too
close to the cross walks.  An email went out last week via Mrs.
Lowney; but observers haven’t seen much change in where people are
parking to pick up.
*The Granite street entrance gates still remain a topic of discussion.
Pat Marron and Brad Koon will be invited to the next meeting to help
resolve this issue.  The PP would have to consider spending up to $600
to move the gate/change the fence.  The PP group is hopeful to meet on
site next meeting to take a look at this issue.

BALANCE:
Jill shared via email that the current balance is $10,183.89; Holly
McGraw ordered her books that were approved two months ago and will be
reimbursed for $659.20; Scholastic Subcsriptions are usually around
$2,000, which is due this spring; we’ll plan for $500-$600 for Teacher
Appreciation Week and about $200 for field day in June.

We made almost $3000 on the carnival which is $1000 more than last
year. Big thanks add to everyone who volunteered and donated items! We
have about $4000 in our account to spend and we will discuss that at
the April meeting..

UPCOMING:
*Teacher Appreciation Week
*Field Day

OTHER:
Terah McLain brought up the idea of having the Missoula Children’s
Theater come to Kessler. She is looking into more details to share
with us.

Katie Gilbert will visit with Mrs. Lowney about a campus cleanup day.
Katie will also touch base with Amanda Rambo about playground
equipment.

Hanna Marron is contacting someone regarding the possibility of
teaching spanish to students at Kessler.

Aimee Shanight is planning to write a thank you card to Capstone
Church for the bounce house they provided us, cost free, at the
carnival; along with donating the extra pop & candy to them.

The next PP meeting will be on April 19th at Kessler in the library;
part of the meeting will be outside looking at the fence/gates.

Posted on January 16, 2018

Parent Partnership Meeting 1/12/2018

Parent Partnership Meeting
January 11, 2017
6pm at the Downstairs of the BH

IN ATTENDANCE:
Aimee Shanight, Lisa Lowney, Lolita Carter, Lana Curry, Annie
McCutcheon, Katie Gilbert, Kelly Koon, Terah McLain, Holly McGraw,
Mandy Needham, Amber Chenoweth, Ashley Bryson, Liz Ulrich, Hanna
Marron, Abigail McLane, Kelsi Hannan, Anne McCoy, Katie Clement,
Ashley Toner-Erwin

UPDATES:
*Aimee reflected on the money raised just prior to the holidays; via
Bobcat/Griz donation, hat day, PJ day: $700 raised, all of which
helped families this past holiday.

*Clay Day was a success & the extra clay will be used during Kids College.

*One of the water stations was installed yesterday; the other two need
to be installed still, but waiting on an electrician.

*The Holiday Program that Mrs. Curtis put on was a huge success.
Thank you again Mrs. Curtis!

*$142 was spent to use/pay staffers of HMS for the Holiday Program.

BUDGET:
Current budget is $7,200

REQUESTS:
2 requests were presented:

1. Holly McGraw has requested Rigby leveled readers for 1st and 2nd
grade; 18 different titles; 108 books at the cost of $659.20.  Motion
passed for the purchase of these books for the students.

2. Lolita Carter has requested for the teachers; Scholastic Readers
for the 2018/19 school year.  When these are ordered early they are a
better price, which is $2,000. Feedback from the teachers is that they
really like scholastics and are useful to them.
Motion passed for the purchase of the Scholastic Readers.

KIDS COLLEGE:
Katie Clement shared the upcoming classes offered this year for Kids
College.  There are currently 11 classes being offered, she is hoping
for 17 or 18.  If you know of a volunteer that has a hobby or career
to share, please contact Katie Clement.  Kids College will be help
February 7th, 21st, and 28th.  Some of the classes that will be
offered are: Bread making, crochet, Scrap booking, Yo Yo making,
Sewing, Ex Work, Clay, Zumba, Pharmacy/Dentist.  Kids college will
take place at the end of the school day on the dates shown above.
*Please contact Katie Clement if you have something you’d be willing
to teach/share; or know someone that could be contacted. Thank you!

PARENT COUNCIL:
Liz Ulrich attended the parent council meeting;
*The 50’s bash for the 5th graders is coming up; Liz asked for a
parent from Kessler to attend these meetings, Aimee Shanight has
volunteered.
*The search for a new superintendent is still underway; the board is
hoping to have someone hired by March 15th.
*The gifted and talented program reaches about 500 students in the
Helena School District.
*January 23rd: a discussion will be held regarding school lunches;
please attend if interested.

CARNIVAL:
The Kessler School Carnival will be held on March 16th, with the theme
being ‘St. Patrick’s Day’.  PP needs many volunteers! Committees were
formed for the Carnival. At the next PP meeting (February 15th AT
KESSLER) the committees will meet briefly after the meeting; please
attend if possible.  Katie Gilbert will check the shed to see what may
be leftover from years past carnivals.  Silent auction & raffle ticket
ideas were discussed.  Annie McCutcheon and Holly McGraw are working
on these items.

FOOD COMMITTEE:
Jill Burger
Jenni Swartz
Holly McGraw
Amber Chenoweth
Ashley Bryson

BASKET COMMITTEE:
Annie McCutcheon
Ashly Toner-Erwin
Mandy Needham

GAME COMMITTEE:
Katie Gilbert
Kyla Kauffman
Abby McLane
Kelsi Hannan
Katie Clement

If you have interest in a committee & can help please contact any of
the people named; an email will go out to the parents asking for help
with games during the carnival as well as sending donations; pop,
gatorade, candy, baked goods (for cake walk). Thank you!

PLAYGROUND SAFETY:
Aimee Shanight, Hanna Marron and Liz Ulrich will be discussing with
Lisa Lowney some options for improving our playground.  During the
winter, the entrance gate onto the playground (Granite Street) is very
icy, slick and enters at a slope.  One suggestion is to look at having
the gate moved to a non-sloped area.  Lisa Lowney will be looking into
this.  Aimee, Hanna and Liz will also be discussing the possibility of
adding a new piece of playground equiptment (the dome).

PARENT/TEACHER CONFERENCES:
P/T Conferences will be held on February 6th and 8th. PP will put on a
luncheon for the teachers.  Holly McGraw confirmed that this is
helpful to the teachers during the lunch hour and the menu that has
been provided in the past is great.  Please watch for an email
regarding how you can help this February.  Thank you!

FEBRUARY AGENDA:
1. Discuss Carnival
2. Discuss Field Day
3. Discuss Teacher appreciation week
4. Discuss the need for a spring fundraiser; papa murphys pizza cards,
read-a-thon, cookbook

This concludes the minutes for the PP meeting. The next meeting will
be held on February 15th at Kessler School.  If there are
additions/corrections/changes to the minutes, please email me back on
this email.
Thank you,
Katie Gilbert

Posted on November 13, 2017

Parent Meeting November 9, 2017

Parent Partnership Meeting
November 9, 2017

PRESENT: Annette Heinrich, Katie Gilbert, Annie McCutcheon, Holly McGraw, Katie Clement, Liz Ulrich, Ashley Bryson

Minutes from the October 2017 meeting were approved.

TREASURER”S REPORT: Jill submitted the treasury report via email; the bank balance is $9,965.16.  Jill is waiting on monthly bill from Van’s for snack program $174.26; Spelling City (5th grade) $119.90 (Jill is waiting to hear from 5th grade teachers); “Wonder” movie field trip
$250.00 (Micah is figuring out who the check goes to); HMS rental fee for the holiday program (Lolita said we can pay it once they have billed us, amount unknown).

Treasurer’s report from the month of October was approved.

Total raised this year from the annual fundraiser: $7,551 The group feels that we might need an additional fundraiser.  Annette shared of creating Kessler cookbook; more discussion in January.

PARENT COUNCIL: Liz will attend the meeting next week; she asked if there were any issues at Kessler that the District should know about.
One concern came from Mrs. McGraw regarding a request Mrs. Kimball has made for new desks for her 3rd graders.  She has received some, but not all. Annie is checking with Mrs. Kimball & Mrs. Lowney in regards to this.

WATER STATIONS:
Installation of the new water stations are delayed due to the resignation of the district’s plumber.  Kayce Koeler was going to check with her husband to see if he knew of someone that might be willing to donate that installation project for us.  I will touch base with Kayce to see if she has any leads.

KIDS COLLEGE: Katie Clement shared the kids college program she runs in February.  We determined that at the January meeting we will get focused on volunteers, etc. Holly was to visit with the staff about some potential dates for kids college; the group is leaning towards 3 Wednesday’s in February, the 7th, 21st, and 28th. (We agreed to not hold a kids college on the 14th, which is Valentine’s Day).

SCIENCE FAIR: the science fair is on the calendar for January 31st.

REQUESTS:
1. A request for shovels (for winter fun) has been made by the playground staff (Mrs. Rambo).  Numerous individuals have concerns over buying plastic shovels for the kids as they break easily, are sharp, are used for other things that have caused students to get into trouble; there for the group has recommended some other ‘winter’ toys, such as ‘snow brick’ molds.  Annette was going to do some price searching and report back.

2. A request for outside play equiptment (basketballs, footballs, soccer balls, tether ball & jump ropes) has been made by the playground staff.  PP agrees with this request but would like to wait until a little closer to springtime.  Holly McGraw mentioned having a color coded system (such as kinder has all red game balls, 1st grade – green, etc.) might help students keep track of their equiptment.
Holly was to check with Mark McCauley about who he orders through and if he had any recommendations.  Holly will report back to PP.

Aimee, will you please let Mrs. Rambo know that these are still in discussion.

CLAY DAYS: Jenni S. & Katie G. visited last week about Clay Days.
Jenni said she would call Mary W. and see if she was still willing to use her kiln to fire students clay projects. Currently waiting to hear back from Jenni.  Katie will help to move this forward as well.

PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCE LUNCHEON: Next Tuesday and Thursday the PP will be providing lunch for the teachers starting at 11:30. Jenni and Katie have come up with a menu (Tuesday/Soups & Sides; Thursday/Tailgate). Jenni emailed the PP and has assigned individuals with various foods/dishes.

HELPING KESSLER FAMILIES: We will extend our donation jar into the December holiday season as we haven’t received much yet; Annie is working on a schedule that will give students some opportunities to wear PJ’s, hats, jerseys, etc for
$1.00 (if they choose to participate) to help with donations.

HOLIDAY PROGRAM/DVD: The holiday program will be on December 8th at HMS at 9:30am. In the past the program has been video taped and DVD’s have been sold at the front office to parents/families. There was conversation brought up regarding Kessler students privacy, and some parents/guardians have signed paperwork stating they do not want their children in pictures/videos, therefore the PP has decided to get more information. Holly McGraw is to speak to Mrs. Lisa Lowney regarding this topic.

We will not be meeting in December. Our next meeting is scheduled for THursday, January 11th at the Downstairs of the Brewhouse at 6pm.

Posted on November 10, 2017

Highway 12 Concerns

Just a reminder. Here is the link below where you can share your comments and concerns about our students safety crossing on Highway 12.

Posted on October 16, 2017

Parent Partnership Meeting Minutes October 12, 2017

Kessler Parent Partnership Minutes; October 12, 2017
Downstairs of the Brewhouse 6pm

IN ATTENDANCE: Annette Heinrich, Katie Gilbert, Annie McCutcheon,
Jenni Swartz, Lisa Lowny, Lolita Carter, Hanna Marron, Amber
Chenoweth, Micah Kemper, Terah McClain, Agibail McLane, Ashley Bryson,
Mandy Needham, Liz Ulrich, Sarah Perry

BALANCE: Terah McClain
Current balance is $5,596.
$3,276 has been raised from fall fundraiser; those in attendance
tonight have decided to extend the deadline to this coming Wednesday
Oct.18th.  Jill just informed me that after picking up today’s
envelopes there’s an additional $3,140; therefore our fall fundraiser
is currently up to $6,416. Business fundraiser forms will be emailed
out next week.

MOTIONS PASSED:
Two motions have been passed:
1. PP will fund the headphones for the 3rd grade (Ms. Wacker)
classroom; total of $119.70.
2. PP will pay the fee for the use of HMS for the holiday program, a
cost of $140.  (The busing will be covered by the
school/transportation budget, which will cost them $350).

PARENT COUNCIL: Liz Ulrich
Here are the highlights from the meeting Liz attended;
*The search is underway for the new Superintendent
*March 2018 ~ East Helena will vote on new High School
*Community Service project: Bruin Pantry is underway
*One School, One Book: Central School is looking for a partner school
to read/get together with
*Technology insight: Parent council is asking if each school is
feeling ‘up to par’ with technology in their buildings; Lisa Lowney is
going to ask the her staff and give an update.

OTHER ITEMS:
*Lisa Lowney shared that both 4th grade classrooms received chrome
books through Title 1 funding.

*Jess Krogue has been working on a logo for our parent partnership to
use ~ thank you Jess!

*Safety: Thanks to Ann, Liz (and her husband) for helping as crossing
guards in the mornings; if there are other interested in helping
please us our Kessler Signup Genius ~ thank you! More helpers are
always needed.

*Aimee & Jill were contacted regarding the business letter for the
fall fundraiser.  Liz Ulrich found and an email will be send out on
Monday to parents asking them to reach out to a business they may know
of that might be willing to donate.

*Bravo Store: due to lack of storage space and feedback from parents;
there is no longer a Bravo Store happening, but students are still
receiving bravos and they are being collected within their classrooms.
Michah Kemper debriefed the group on this topic.

*Directory: Jenni & Amber said the directory is currently a work in progress.

*Costume Event: Annette said that the first annual ‘costume swap’ was
good.  Even though there were only a few that showed up; the school
acquired some costumes; Lolita said that those will get used the day
of the parade, as many students don’t have a costume to wear.

*Trunk-or-Treat: will take place on October 30th, from 6-7

*Jenni S. & Katie G. will be coordinating the food for the staff for
Parent/Teacher Conferences this fall. We will either set up a sign-up
genius or contact individuals over the phone for help. Thank you!

*PP has helped food share in the past and there was discussion again
regarding how to help.  We have decided as a group that for this
Thanksgiving season we will have a large jug/container for students to
put coins/cash into that will help families this season.  Annie is
creating the jug/container.  It will be a the front office and will
begin prior to the trunk-or-treat night and finish during the week of
Thanksgiving. There was discussion that there will be another
opportunity to provide to food share (canned/boxed food); maybe at the
holiday program at HMS and/or the carnival.  This discussion is
on-going.

REQUESTS:
There were three written requests:

1. Micah Kemper, the school counselor, is working with the fifth grade
students on a kindness project which will conclude by taking the fifth
graders to the movie theater to see, Wonder. Her request is for $425;
50 people, $5.50 for a movie ticket and $4.75 for a snack pack.  Mrs.
Kemper is grateful for any dollar amount that the PP will donate is
willing to do other fundraising activities with the 5th graders in
order to cover the cost.  Many students do not have the opportunity to
go to the movie/nor have they been.
***PP made a motion to contribute $250 to this outing for the fifth graders.

2. Angie Daily, speech pathologist, has a written request for a newer
speech assessment that would help students with articulation.  There
were many questions regarding what Angie currently uses that Lisa
Lowney answered to the best of her ability; but the group concluded
that there were so many unanswered questions, we would like to invite
Angie to visit with us at a future meeting regarding her request and
provide some clarification. Lolita said she would ask Angie to come to
a future meeting.

3. All schools get to attend the Helena Symphony at the Civic Center;
Lolita said the fee is $200; the ***PP has approved this request.

Lolita has asked the PP to discuss & decide which individual from the
PP will be in contact with her regarding all emails that go out to
parents & when. It has become confusing to her when several PP members
are emailing her with slightly different information.

The next meeting PP meeting is on Thursday, November 9th at 6pm in the
Downstairs of the Brewhouse; Annie M. has this reserved for the group.

This concludes my notes from the meeting; If I have forgotten
something/there are errors or additions, please respond back to this
email. Please inform my by noon on Monday, Oct. 16th; then I’ll make
the additions/corrections and the notes will be sent to Lolita to be
posted. Thank you, Katie Gilbert

Posted on September 11, 2017

Parent Partnership Meeting August 23, 2017

PRESENT: Lisa L., Lolita C., Aimee S., Katie G., Annie Mc., Jill B.,
Ashley E., Annette H., Abby M., Kyla K., Jess, Emily H., Sarah.,
Mandy, Terah M., Hannah M., Courtney K.

Welcome & introductions

OPEN HOUSE:
Tuesday Aug 29th, Kyla will pick up Costco pizza (30 total; 15 cheese,
15 pepperoni); Katie will call in the order; Jill will bring cash;
Annie is picking up 4 flats of water, otter pops, plates & napkins.
Business cards for the PP will be in each classroom for parents to
pick up.  No brochures.

FINANCIAL STATUS
Jill B. reviewed monies spent from last year; current budget is $7,171.
$894 was raised last spring at carnival for the water stations; one
water station costs $600. Jill was looking into the cost of
installing.

REQUESTS
School is asking for their movie license to be renewed, cost of $419;
we will wait until our fall fundraiser to determine if we will
purchase.
** Other ideas…
1. Playground safety on Euclid, by highway 12; some kind of barriers
on street side.
2. Conflict managers might be interested in putting together a video
for their training.
3. Swing replacements of some kind

HEF CARNIVAL
September 10th; Memorial Park
Annie volunteered to help from 11-12; we need more people to sign up;
Kessler has a snow cone station this year

Amazon Smiles… Annette shared how to use to benefit Kessler

FALL FUNDRAISER
Unanimous vote to continue with the ‘effortless’ fall fundraiser.
Terah & Kyla were working on revisions; Katie & Terah will get in
envelopes and out to teachers.

PICTURE DAY
We need helpers all day in the gym.

SAFETY
Ann R. has volunteered to help kids cross Granite street to enter the
parking lot at drop off.

NEXT MEETING
September 14th @ 6pm

Posted on May 10, 2017

Parent Partnership Meeting April 2017

Kessler Parent Partnership Meeting Agenda

April 13, 2017

6 pm, Kessler Library

 

In Attendance: Craig Crawford, Lisa Lowney,  Lolita Carter, Justine Alberts, Michelle Ford, Claire O’Connell, Annette Heinrich, Jill Burger, Jenni Swartz, Julie Vollertson, Terah McClain, Mandy Needham, Kyla Kauffman

 

Special Guests: Pam Attardo and Luke Muszkiewicz; both candidates for School Board.

 

Introductions and question of the month: Claire

 

Review and acceptance of February minutes: Jenni

 

Treasurer’s report/Balance: Jill

Balance                  $9,672.85

Outstanding          -$   460.80   (McGraw’s books Previously approved)

                             -$1,845.43   2017-2018 Scholastic Subscription

 

Kids’ College recap: Claire

Katie Clement will organize again next year.

 

Carnival recap: Claire

Our net is $2,005.46  This is already in the “Balance” of the account

Claire will help with organizing next year

 

Requests: 3

Craig – 4 basketball hoops; $3,400 or a partial amount-Approved $2,000

Shanna – online Mystery Science subscription for 3rd and K; $99-Approved

Laura – music band; $83-Approved

Justine and Michelle – FrontRow.com Subscript Grades 3,4,5-Approved up

up to $1,500.00

SpellingCity.com Subscript Grade 4    $114.48-Approved

SumDog.com Subscript Grades 4-5    $200.00-Approved

 

 

 

 

Teacher Appreciation Week: May 8-12 (Day is 5/9)

Mon- Katie Gilbert: Apples and Caramel Sauce

Tues- Luncheon

Wed- Support Staff brings breakfast

Thurs-Kyla & Terah: fun supplies

Fri- Claire: Flowers

 

Mrs. Begler is retiring

Mrs. Terrio is leaving

Mr. Crawford is moving to Bryant School

 

Next Meeting: May 11, 2017; Kessler Library, 6pm

 

Agenda Items: New officers, Field Day and Water Fundraiser, Retirements and leavings, Tentative August meeting date