Kessler PP Meeting
October 11th, 2018
In attendance: Annie McCutcheon, Katie Gilbert, Aimee Shanight, Abigail McLane, Hanna Marron, Amber Chenowith, Liz Ulrich, Mandy Needham, Holly McGraw, Kelly Koon, Mary Ellen Fischer
Fundraiser Update: Currently raised $7,781.27 ($10 more than last year)
- Discussion on success of fundraiser compared to previous years and initial discussion on adding an additional fundraiser this spring.
- Group agrees it would be helpful to have a something in mind that we are fundraising for
- Liz put together a business letter that is being sent out. Corporations have until the end of October to make their donation.
- Group agrees a vinyl sign thanking corporate sponsors would be nice. Sign will be printed end of November or early December.
Mary Ellen Fischer (Title One Teacher): Brought a request for a Kessler School Bowling night.
After further discussion the group decided to use our Movie License to show the BFG – a book the title one teachers are using with all of Kessler. This ties together a family night, our license (that we funded) and the book. PP may provide pizza. March 7th Family Night
Motion approved for $250 on pizza that night
SNACK PROGRAM UPDATE:
Aimee is meeting with Vans manager to make an updated list for snacks and discuss possible discount
SUPERINTENDENT UPDATE: Liz Ulrich
- Tyler Reames done with first 100 days
- District student count is highest in 10 years. 8,266 kids
- There is only 1 counselor per 400 students
- Discussed how do you measure success…
PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES: Nov 13 and 15
- Katie Gilbert is organizing lunches in the teachers lounge for those days.
- Soup and Tailgate Themes
- Terah will create a sign up genius
CARNIVAL: Friday, March 15
- Games: Katie, Kelly, Abby
- Baskets: Annie, Mandy, (Ashley Toner Erwin?)
- Food: Liz, Holly, Aimee
- Turkey jug will be used for donations
- November 12-16: Monday – PJs, Wednesday- Hats, Friday- Cat/Griz
- Lolita will help identify families in need
- Katie contacting Mary Werner to set Clay Day dates
- Trunk or Treat is October 30th
- Holiday Program is scheduled for December 14th
- Suggestion was made for regular updates from Mrs. Lowney
- Aimee will reach out to her